How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post?Vikram Deo August 6, 2022 0 COMMENTS
Anyone who posts on Instagram appreciates the likes and comments they get on their posts. It shows how much people like your posts and account. And one would also want their posts to be shared so that they can reach more people. Now, this feeling is something felt by only those people who are trying to promote something. And at times when people are curious to see who has shared their posts.
Now before we tell you How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post, we need to tell you that you cannot really see exactly who has shared your post. Due to privacy policies, Instagram will not give you the names of people who have shared your post. The only thing you can find out is how many people have shared it.
Hence, there are different layers to this. If you are curious as to who or rather how many people share your posts on Instagram, we are here to help you.
Table of Contents
Now the first thing to keep in mind is that you cannot see the insights on your post unless you have a business or creator account. If you have a personal account, you cannot see who has shared your Instagram Post. Hence, if you wish to really find out who has shared your posts, you need to switch to a business or creator account.
Don’t worry; switching to a business or creator account does not mean you will lose all your posts or will have to start over again. This will only change is the status of your account.
How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post from a business or creator profile?
To tell you how you can see who has shared your Instagram post, let us tell you how to make your account a business or creator account. The steps are very simple.
- Firstly, you have to keep your account public if you want a professional account and to see who has shared your Instagram posts. You cannot have a private account if you want a professional account. Hence be prepared to have a public account before you start this process.
- Then, go to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizon lines in the top right corner of your screen
- You will see multiple options presented to you, out of which you need to choose ‘Settings’
- Once the settings section opens up, scroll down and select ‘Account’.
- Again, scroll done when the account section opens up and select ‘Switch to professional account’.
- Now you have a choice to select a category from the list provided. Preferably pick a category that matches your posts. For instance, if you like to post pictures of your paintings, choose the category ‘Artist’.
- Once you’re done picking your category, choose whether you want a creator profile or a business one. Once that’s done, Instagram will show you that your account is now a professional one.
Now that you have either a business or creator account, How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post is easy.
How Many Ways Can People Share Posts?
Another thing to keep in mind is that sharing posts can be of two kinds. One kind is when people share a post on their story, and another is when they share it with someone personally through a DM (direct message).
So, you can only see how many people have shared your post in total. You can’t see how many people shared it on stories and attracted more traffic and who shared it via DMs.
How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post Through DM?
Now that we have cleared it up let’s tell you How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post. Follow the following steps to know who or rather how many people shared your Instagram post.
- Your first step would be to go to your profile and select the post in concern.
- Now below the post, you will see an option called ‘View Insights’, which you have to tap on.
- Once you do that, Instagram will show you the number of people have liked, commented, shared, and saved your post.
- The second last icon, one that looks like a paper plane, is the one that represents the number of shares.
- And below that icon, you will see numbers. That is the number of times your post has been shared. We say how many times u stead of how many people because one user might have shared the post multiple times. Say someone shared your post on their story once and then sent it to people via DMs. Each one of the shares is counted and hence it is the number of times your post has been shared.
- In case there are no numbers and just a broken line, it means that your post has not been shared by someone else yet. If you are someone trying to grow their brand and profile on Instagram, this is your sign to work on your content so that your posts get more shares, likes, comments, and saves.
How Create More Traffic?
You can do so by using effective hashtags in the caption of your posts and by using the right keywords in your captions. One can also figure out the best time to post from their insights and make sure they post consistently at that time every day.
Everyone wants their posts to be shared on Instagram. Almost everyone is trying to make a brand on this platform and the competition to be the best is real. To keep up, one is recommended to have a professional profile and stay updated on how their posts are doing. This tells them what they need to work on and how.
If this article on How To See Who Shared Your Instagram Post was helpful, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.