With over 200 million weekly customers and 10,500 stores worldwide, Walmart is one of the most popular retail outlets. Whether you want to buy groceries, electronics, furniture, or home decor items, you can buy them at Walmart. The retailer accepts a wide range of payment options, such as cash, card, e-wallets, and more. But does Walmart accept PayPal?
If you’re confused regarding Walmart’s payment methods and whether or not it accepts PayPal, we’ve got you covered. Here’s all you need to know.
Does Walmart Accept PayPal?
Let’s cut to the chase and answer the question directly. Does Walmart accept PayPal? The answer is a big YES. Not only does Walmart allow PayPal, but it also has a partnership with PayPal. Hence, you can load and withdraw money from PayPal at an exclusive fee of $3.00 only. The partnership allows you to deposit and withdraw funds from your PayPal wallet and pay at the Walmart service desk. There’s a flat $3 fee on all transactions.
In all, you can pay at Walmart using PayPal regardless of whether you’re shopping online or in the store.
How to Pay at Walmart Using PayPal?
The process of paying at Walmart using PayPal depends on whether you’re shopping online or offline. If you’re shopping online, you can simply add PayPal as a payment method and pay from it.
Here’s how you can add PayPal as a payment method in Walmart.
- Visit the Walmart website or app and log into your account. If you are logged in with multiple accounts, select the account in which you want to enable PayPal payments.
- Next, select the Wallet in which you want to add a payment method.
- Now, click on Add new payment method.
- You’ll be asked to select the payment type. Select PayPal.
- Enter the details of your PayPal account.
- Save the changes.
That’s it. You’re all set to make payments online using PayPal.
Alternatively, you can add the PayPal payment option at the time of checkout. When clicking out, click on More in the payment options, then select the PayPal logo, and enter your PayPal details. Now, proceed with the transaction and complete the purchase.
How to Pay Using PayPal at a Walmart Physical Outlet?
Now, can you pay using PayPal at a Walmart physical store? Yes, you can. PayPal offers the PayPal Cash Card, which acts like a MasterCard debit card. You can swipe it like other debit cards to make a payment at a Walmart store or other offline outlets.
For that, you need to get a PayPal Cash Card. Let’s look at the eligibility criteria for getting a PayPal Cash Card. You need to:
- Have a personal PayPal account
- Actively use PayPal without any issues in the Resolution Center
- Have a confirmed street address by linking a credit card or getting approved for a PayPal Credit
- Have your number linked to your PayPal account
- Link your SSN and date of birth to your PayPal account
Since PayPal Cash Card is a debit card and not a credit card, you don’t need to undergo a credit check. If you are eligible for the card, you can go to the PayPal Cash Card page and click on Get the Card to request the card.
After receiving the card, you can use it at any Walmart store or other store that accepts card payments. It works like any other debit card, so you can swipe it at a checkout station or a self-checkout lane.
When using the PayPal Cash card, always keep in mind that it links to your PayPal wallet. Hence, only the funds in your PayPal wallet will be accessible to you. The card doesn’t connect directly to your bank account. So, maintain the needed balance in your PayPal account in order to pay with the PayPal Cash Card.
What Other Are Walmart PayPal Options Available?
In 2018, Walmart and PayPal partnered to offer integrated payment solutions to their customers. Hence, in addition to the functions discussed above, you can do two more things:
- Cash out of your PayPal account (daily limit is $500, and monthly limit is $3,500)
- Add funds to your PayPal account ($20 to $500)
Both the tasks attract a flat $3 fee.
Now, how to cash out or add cash? Follow these steps to get started.
Open the PayPal app on your phone and head to the More section. You’ll see two options: Add Cash and Get Cash. Select an option depending on your requirements and complete the instructions as shown in the app.
What Other Payment Options Does Walmart Support?
Apart from PayPal, Walmart accepts a wide range of other payment methods, including:
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Capital One Walmart Credit Cards
- Gift Cards
Feel free to use any payment method at a Walmart store. In fact, it’s recommended to have at least two payment methods. So, if one doesn’t work for some reason, you can use the second one to proceed with the payment.
Why Should You Choose PayPal?
PayPal is one of the leading payment services companies in the world. There are many benefits of using PayPal for making payments online and offline. Here’s why you should use PayPal.
- It’s straightforward and easy to use. PayPal has a small learning curve, and you can get familiar with all the functions in no time. It’s a seamless way to send and receive money.
- PayPal ensures the highest standards of payment security and fraud protection. If you’re looking for a safe way to transfer money, PayPal has got you covered.
- PayPal stores your personal information in an encrypted form, enhancing the security even further.
- It doesn’t charge fees for payments to family and friends.
PayPal is one of the most popular payment providers out there, and its recent partnership with Walmart has taken its usage to another level. Now, you can pay at Walmart using PayPal regardless of whether you shop online or offline. With the PayPal Cash Card, you can pay at not only an offline Walmart store but any store that accepts cards.