How to Tie a Bow on a Dress Perfectly Every Single Time?Priya Bhagtani April 22, 2023 0 COMMENTS
“How to tie a bow on a dress?” is a question that troubles a lot of girls and women. Females like to make every outfit special and unique so that they can look fabulous. When they wear a dress, their desire to stand apart from the rest increases even more. The reason behind the same is that dresses are a type of outfit that exhibits sophistication and elegance. They can enhance the overall appearance and beauty appeal of every lady. When it comes to adding an extra charm to a dress, tying a bow is a perfect solution in many cases.
Hence, we can understand why you must be willing to learn everything about tying a bow on a dress. Whether you are a teenage girl or a grown-up woman – a lady who wants to tie a bow on her dress for the first time or a mother who wants to tie a bow on the dress of her daughter – a female who wants to learn how to tie a bow on a dress for herself or a fashion industry professional willing to tie a bow on the dresses of her clients, we have got you covered.
In this blog post, we have listed down a few simple steps that serve as a comprehensive guide on how to tie the perfect bow. So, whether you want to tie a bow on your dress or the dress of someone else, you can do so easily and quickly.
How to Tie a Bow on a Dress? Read All the Steps Here
Before we see how to tie a bow on any dress, let’s see what a bow is, and how it can take your dress to another level. The word ‘bow’ is used to refer to a type of knot made on a piece of garment with the help of a ribbon. The particular type of knot tied on the ribbon is also responsible for the name of a bow tie. The word ‘bow’ is also used to refer to a fashion accessory added to shoes, handbags, hair bands, hats, and more. This accessory is in the form of a bow knot.
Bows are available in several sizes, colors, and styles. They are made from both plain fabric and printed fabric. The ribbon used to tie a knot in the form of a bow on a dress is generally made from silk, polyester, satin, velvet, and sheer. When it comes to tying a bow on a dress, you can choose a ribbon that has a suitable color and style. A bow adds a dash of femininity to a dress.
Therefore, you must learn how to tie the perfect bow. You can opt for tying a bow on your dress when you attend social and professional events like weddings, engagement parties, family reunions, get-togethers, birthday celebrations, college proms, office parties, business dinners, ballroom dance competitions, and so on.
- The first step to learning how to tie a bow on a dress is to put on a dress you want to wear. Make sure that the dress fits properly around your waist so that the bow looks nice. The dress should be clean and free from creases.
- Now, take a ribbon and hold each of its two ends in each hand. Hold both ends of the ribbon in front of your waist. While choosing a ribbon, you must ensure that the ribbon should be long enough to tie a bow but not too long to let the ends hang down too much.
- Then, put one end of the ribbon over the other end, thereby making a shape resembling an “X” in front of your waist. Tuck the ribbon end, which is on top, behind the other end. After tucking, pull it through the center of the “X” and create a knot. Now, pull both ends of the ribbon to secure the ribbon and tighten the knot.
- Next, take the longer end of the ribbon and fold it over itself to make a loop. Pinch the loop in the center. Then, hold it in place against the knot with the help of your thumb. This will be the larger loop of the bow. The process of learning how to tie a bow on a dress is not complete yet. The following step shows how to make a smaller loop.
- Make another loop by taking the shorter end of the ribbon and folding it over itself. This will be the smaller loop of the bow.
- Take the smaller loop and wrap it around the center of the larger loop. Tuck it under the center of the bow with the end of the ribbon pointing upwards.
- Now, take the longer end of the ribbon and wrap it around the center of the bow. It should cover the smaller loop and the center knot. Tuck the longer end of the ribbon under the center of the bow with the end pointing downwards.
- Then, adjust the loops and tails of the bow until they get the right size and shape. Make sure that both sides of the bow are even.
- Tie a small knot at the back of the dress using the remaining ends of the ribbon to secure the bow. Tuck the ends of the ribbon into the ribbon on the dress to hide them.
- Worry not! The steps you need to follow to know how to tie a bow on a dress are over. We just want to wish you all the best for grabbing all the eyeballs whenever you step out of your home wearing a dress with a bow.
With the help of the steps mentioned above, you can tie a straight bow, i.e., a bow on the center of your waistline. Thus, you now know how to tie a straight bow on a dress. If you want to know how to tie a side bow on a dress, let us tell you that it’s equally simple. You just need to hold the ribbon on the side of your waist while making an “X” shape.
Wear shoes and accessories that suit your dress. If you are trying to go for a casual and relaxed look, you can opt for flats, sneakers, or crocs. Accessories you can use include but not are limited to a casual handbag or simple purse, round earrings, and pearl necklace. On the other hand, if you are trying to go for a glamorous look, you should choose heels or boots. Accessories you can use but not are limited to a fashionable clutch, stylish sunglasses, and a silk scarf.
You can choose a bow that has the same color as your dress or a color that is contrasting with the color of your dress. Bows on a dress have proved to be a timeless method of looking beautiful. Thus, when you gain the knowledge of how to tie a bow on a dress, you become more confident whenever you want to dress up for any occasion.